Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thoughts on books and reading...

"I just love books."
Right after finishing Clarissa late Tuesday night, this was the only thing I could say.
Which, of course, earned me a quizzical, side-ways look from my younger sister. =)

But its true.
I love books and I love reading.
I look at my bookshelves and I see so many wonderful friends.

So here are just some thoughts on reading which I've either collected or pilfered from other people's blogs  (and I apologize if I've shared these before) - 

"Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people - people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.” -- E.B. White

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book..." -- Anonymous

"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal." -- John Greene (via Lois)

"Don't date a girl who reads...The girl who reads has spun out the account of her life and it is bursting with meaning. She insists that her narratives are rich, her supporting cast colorful, and her typeface bold. You, the girl who reads, make me want to be everything that I am not. But I am weak and I will fail you, because you have dreamed, properly, of someone who is better than I am. You will not accept the life that I told of at the beginning of this piece. You will accept nothing less than passion, and perfection, and a life worthy of being storied. So out with you, girl who reads. Take the next southbound train and take your Hemingway with you." -- Charles Warnke (via Kati)




Sweet, literary dreams, my fellow bibliophiles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment