Sunday, February 26, 2012

So tonight was the Oscars!
It was a night to celebrate the importance of film and the process of film-making.

So I thought I'd take a minute to share one of the things I appreciate most in flim-making:
I love it when husbands and wives work together on projects!

I mean, so many Hollywood marriages end and I think a huge part of it is probably the strain of physically being apart from one's spouse. These are people that have discovered they can pursue their passions together and really be a team.
While I'm not planning a career in the film-industry, these are just a few couples who inspire me and remind me that, one day, my husband and I will get to really co-labor as we chase our not-so-common dreams.


1. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas

Thomas has produced every project her husband, Nolan, has written/directed.
Together they founded Syncopy Films and also have 4 children.


2. Stephen Moffat and Sue Vertue

With his wife's encouragement, Moffat (along with Mark Gatiss) created BBC's Sherlock which was produced by Vertue. 
She describes herself on twitter as "wife of The Moff."


3. Michel Hazanavicius and Berenice Bejo

The French couple have worked on 3 films together with Hazanvicius directing and Bejo starring--including The Artist for which they just won best picture.
They also have 2 children together.


Do you know of any other husband and wife teams (inside or outside of the film industry) that work well as a team?

No comments:

Post a Comment