Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meditating on of, in my opinion, the most profound passages of scripture--Hebrews 11.
I'm actually attempting to memorize it right now and thought I'd share from time to time the passages I've been working on. Here's the bit I've got down thus far, in the Message:

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.
By faith, we see the world called into existence by God's word, what we see created by what we don't see.
By faith, Abel brought a better sacrifice to God than Cain. It's what he believed, not what brought, that made the difference. That's what God noticed and approved as righteous. After all these centuries, that belief continues to catch our notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment