Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Brilliant day for music!

Switchfoot's Fading West was released and is now streaming on The Drop.  It's fun.  Their first single, "Who we are" is a blast and the I rather adore the childlike rhymes of "Let it Out."  An underlying theme of the album - "we become what we believe."

 From the day we’re born
We are scarred and torn
We’ve been scared to sing out loud
But we don’t care no more
‘Cause we know life is short
And we don’t care who leaves us now
Breathe it in and let it out


John Mark McMillan's "Future Past" was also released with this music video.  It is simple.  It is beautiful.  I can't wait for the whole album.



And you,
You are my first
You are my last
You are my future and my past


And the one that made me most excited is that Kye Kye's sophomore album is now streaming here a week before it's release.  I've seen this band perform live twice and got to talk to them on both occasions.  They are such authentic artists with a sound I just love!  I've been dancing around my flat to "Honest Affection" and "Dreams (2 am)" since the singles were released, but I am loving this sneak peek at the rest of the album.

A part of me just wanted to know
But the other part was always so wasted
My heart was always made to be still
To wait because you promised you’d save it

Happy listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment