Thursday, December 1, 2011

I thought I'd take just a minute to tell you why I have not been blogging the last few weeks (and won't be for a few more).
Now is essentially the end of the quarter. I am currently writing 3 papers and working on my application for grad school. But I thought I'd give you a rundown of the papers I'm working on:

English Honors: Working with Emma Donoghue's Room and Nicole Krauss's History of Love, I'm discussing the human need for social engagement. Without giving too much away, both of these books deal with characters in cases of extreme loneliness and where relationship does not exist, they create it. While loneliness is a heavy topic, this paper feels refreshing. I think its because I can see, through these novels, what a God-given need relationship is.

English Novel: I am expanding the paper I started earlier this quarter on Nature and the Other. Using Frankenstein as a foundation and building support with Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and Hard Times, I'll be tracing the way Nature takes the side of the racially different, the lower class, and the female.

Greek Tragedy: I'm examining Sophocles' Oedipus Tyrannus (aka Oedipus Rex) to try and answer the question: how did Jocasta not realize the truth earlier?? Apparently, this is an original topic, which, to me, is shocking because this play was performed only...... 2,500 years ago! Well, anyway, I think it is fascinating and hope it turns out well.

So there you have it. What I'm currently writing instead of my blog. I hope to check in now and then, but you can expect me to be back full swing around December 14 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment